- Bat Segundo speaks with Victor Navasky about running The Nation.
- Robert Birnbaum gives the special Birnbaum treatment to Elizabeth Benedict, author of The Practice of Deceit.
- Elif Shafak was acquitted today of the charges of “insulting Turkishness”. You know, not enough attention is being paid to this trial. She’s the second large name author to have this happen. Perhaps it hits a little too close to home with all of this “your either with us or against us” baloney.
- Sony Picture Classics has some stills on their website from their forthcoming adaption of Marjane Satrapi’s Persepolis (thanks Bookslut for the info)
- Chimananda Aidichie’s Half of a Yellow Sun hit bookshelves last week. I’m glad to see that it’s getting great reviews. This book is probably one of the best I’ve read so far this year.
- Ed and Lev Grossman have apparently kissed and made up. Or fruited up. Whatever.
- Max runs down the recently announced list of MacArthur fellows so we don’t have to.
- Maud runs an interview with FSG editor and translator of Gregoire Bouillier’s The Mystery Guest. Run out now and read this book.
Ack! Open italic tag!
Whew. Fixed it. That’s what you get from posting on the fly. Thanks for the heads up.