Oh boy, this is awkward. I’ve been gone from here for so long! I went away on a fabulous vacation to Mexico and never really came back. My mind has been stuck on the beach reading. I read about a book a day for seven days–what luxury! And what did I read, you might ask? Here’s the list:
- Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea
- Lush Life by Richard Price
- Enduring Love by Ian McEwan
- Travels with Herodotus by Ryszard Kapuscinski
- The Angel’s Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Blue Highways by William Least Heat-Moon
And since then, I’ve read:
- The Hand of Isis by Jo Graham
- The Great Perhaps by Joe Meno
- The American Painter Emma Dial by Samantha Peale
And I’m currently enjoying The Informers by Juan Gabriel Vasquez.
All were good books, but if I had to say which I liked best, I would say Lush Life, The Great Perhaps, and Into the Beautiful North. Looking at my list, I’m realizing that I don’t read many books written by women which I hadn’t noticed until now. That’s what I’ve been doing.
And I’m also addicted to Twitter now, another reason I haven’t written here in a while. My handle is @Bookdwarf of course.
Also Mr. Bookdwarf and I are going to get married.
That’s my news for now.
Congratulations! What a way to annouce your engagement;-)
Wow! Congratulations! How did you ever manage to get engaged with all that reading?
Some of these books I read, I really liked. Interesting book.
I congratulate you on this event!
Congratulations on the engagement! I just celebrated my tenth wedding anniversary.
Congratulations!! Wonderful news!
Congrats on your engagement! 🙂
IMHO Enduring Love has the best beginning of a book _ever_. But of course… that’s when you don’t know yet what is going to happen.