My office is about to have a party to welcome Jeff, the new owner of my store. So while I’m swilling champagne, busy yourselves with this:
- Robert Birnbaum talks with Howard Zinn.
- The National Book Foundation has announced the “5 Under 35” for this year. It’s an interesting list.
- NY Magazine has an conversation between Richard Price and Junot Diaz talking about the death of Times Square, the Lower East Side, and more.
- Publishers Weekly covers the sale of my store.
- Miriam Toews, whose The Flying Troutmans I finished this morning, is among the contenders for the $25,000 Rogers Writers’ Trust Fiction Prize. I enjoyed her book. Comparisons to Little Miss Sunshine are inevitable, but imagine her characters more fully fleshed out.