For a rainy Friday afternoon:
- The Spring 2006 Read This! Selection will be announced Monday, April 17th! Check the website out to see what’s in store and to read about a few changes we’ve made to the process. It should be a lot of fun–there were some good titles this round.
- The Morning News Tournamnet of Books draws to a close today. I won’t reveal the winner here—read it for yourself. I will say that it came down to 2 interesting books.
- Bat Segundo, man about town, spoke with Erica Jong recently. It’s available online for your listening pleasure.
- An email from the National Book Foundation alerted me to this great reading series in NY: Eat, Drink, and Be Literary. Coming up are events with Jonathan Lethem, Jacqueline Woodson, Mary Gaitskill, and Nicole Krauss. It’s basically dinner, drinks, and a live author interview. Too bad I don’t live in NY.
- My friend Ed had a horrible experience with San Francisco’s finest last night. I hope he’s able to recover today. Being somewhat of a delinquent in high school, I know that the cuffs are no fun. Power can turn event the best minded cop into an asshole.