Can you believe it’s snowing here (Cambridge, MA)? It’s April! C’mon, cut us a break up here. For those of you stuck indoors here’s some interesting links I’ve found:
- Louise Solano, owner of the Grolier Poetry Shop (next door to my own store) has sold the store to a new owner. According to this article in the Crimson, the new owner loves poetry and plans to keep it pretty much the same.
- Powell’s has the best website. They have a wonderful interview with Sarah Waters. I love her latest new book The Night Watch, which is her first non-Victorian novel.
- Here’s another stellar Robert Birnbaum interview. This time he talks with Thomas Beller about diagramming sentences. And more.
- Michael Allen aka Grumpy Old Bookman has written a book. And you can read it for free.
- Reviews of David Mitchell’s new novel Black Swan Green are hitting the streets. Claire Messud at the LA Weekly liked it and here’s an interview at the Scotsman (thanks Bookslut for the links). For those in the Boston/Cambridge area, he’ll be appearing at my store on April 19th. Check here for more information.
- The Morning New’s Tournament of Books is down at the end of Round 2. Today the Beasts of No Nation takes on Saturday.
- The Washington Post has printed a handy spring preview of upcoming books. It’s a nice, long list with short descriptions of both fiction and non-fiction.